I started this last July. It's now January, but it is finally finished. I found that while I was in Paris, I didn't have much time to knit on it, but I did work on it some and took it on the flights with me. (note to self: next time I fly out of France: Do not try to take knitting needles--the French security agents don't like them.)
We arrived home Dec. 1 and I managed to get the body of the sweater finished before Christmas. I bound off all the stiches and even washed it before cutting it. I wanted it to felt and shrink just a little. I don't think it did. It is a superwash yarn, so it's not supposed to felt. It looks a little funny before it is cut.
Here is what it looked like cut open. Now it looks more like the body of a sweater.
And finally this is the finished sweater. I took it to my yarn shop and asked what the others there thought about how many clasps. The pattern only called for one, but I wanted more. They said 3 would be right, so I did what they suggested.
I had to take the picture in my bathroom, because it is the only place in the house with enough light and I didn't want to use the flash.
So that's it. It's done and I can wear it now.