Monday, August 27, 2007
I had hoped to finish it before I leave for Paris, but that isn't going to happen, so this sweater which started as a "Tour de France" challenge project is going to go to France to be completed--hopefully. It depends on if I can find a sewing machine in France to use for the stitching. It gets cut down the middle where those checker-board stitches are. It is supposed to be a cardigan.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
The next year I bought the second one to keep her company. I named her Miss Lily Pearl. They sit in my diningroom window, where they can keep track of the people walking by, just like my grandmother used to do.
Monday, August 13, 2007
The blue one below is older, done in the 2nd year that I was doing rosemaling, I think. It was done in a class and using a pattern by Judy Ritger, who does absolutely beautiful work. Mine doesn't come any where near doing her pattern justice. I changed the colors too. My painting is a bit better than this now and I ususally paint my own designs, but these are the two plates that are hanging in my dining room.
Friday, August 10, 2007
Above you see the bottom of the first sleeve after I ripped out the border part and reknit it from the brown rows down. This is the first time I've ever ripped out and reknit in the opposite direction. If you look closely you can see the difference, but you do have to look closely.
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
I have finished both sleeves, though I am still going to redo the hem of the first, so I guess I haven't actually finished both. Here is my start on the body. It seems to be the right size. After the first one was way too small, I was worried that this one was coming out too big. The only thing I changed was to go to a larger needle, ( 3 mm instead of 2.5) but I am also knitting looser. I got the correct gauge on the sleeve and did lots of calculations to determine how many stitches I needed for the body to come out right, so it should be right. Getting the gauge right and the size right is the hardest part of knitting.