...the pieces, that is. I have reached the point where the 3 pieces will be joined and become one. The advantage to doing it this way is when I am done there will be very little seaming up. I have another raglan sleeve cardigan that was done in 5 pieces and then sewn together. The tops of the sleeves didn't match the top of the body, so I had to rework the back and the top of at least one sleeve. The next raglan I did was the Sapporo ski sweater designed for the Norwegian ski team in Sapporo. That one was joined at the underarms and done in one piece from there up. It's a little tricky just where you join them up as there are lots of stitches and it's tight under the arms, but as you go it becomes easier. I just need to figure out how often to do the decreases, so that I have a neck the right size when I reach that point.
So here are the pieces. The right sleeve actually needs a few more rows. I stopped because I thought it might be getting too long, but have decided that the left one is just right, so I'll make the right match it and then join them up.
You can see the steek in this picture, which is of the front of the sweater. It's kind of messy looking, but none of that will show when it's finished. This way the 'jog' you get when you knit in the round is cut out and completely gone when you finish the sweater.
I haven't decided yet if this will get buttons with button holes, or with loops or clasps. I think they will be pewter, but I'm open to suggestions.