Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I have finished both sleeves, though I am still going to redo the hem of the first, so I guess I haven't actually finished both. Here is my start on the body. It seems to be the right size. After the first one was way too small, I was worried that this one was coming out too big. The only thing I changed was to go to a larger needle, ( 3 mm instead of 2.5) but I am also knitting looser. I got the correct gauge on the sleeve and did lots of calculations to determine how many stitches I needed for the body to come out right, so it should be right. Getting the gauge right and the size right is the hardest part of knitting.

No comments: